DATES & TIMES
Saturday, Dec. 30 & Sunday, Dec. 31, 2017
Will Call: 2pm
NOS Events Center
689 S. E St.
San Bernardino, CA 92408
SECURITY & ENTRY
Every attendee (including media) will be searched prior to entry. By purchasing a ticket, you agree to submit to a thorough, TSA-style search, including emptying your pockets and bags, a full pat-down, having all of your items examined, and possibly removing your shoes. Police officers work both inside and outside our events. All narcotics laws are strictly enforced. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.
The use or possession of any illegal drugs will not be tolerated anywhere inside or outside the venue. Narcotics officers will be working both areas and enforcing all drug-related laws. Do not bring any illegal substances to the event; violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If you are found intoxicated at entry, security will not allow you to enter the venue. Event staff reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone. Be responsible, and make smart choices.
AGES & ID
You must be 18+ to enter and 21+ for alcohol/VIP. Valid photo ID is required.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
- Any US government-issued driver’s license or ID card containing a photograph and date of birth
- US or foreign government-issued passport containing a photograph and date of birth
- Foreign government-issued driver’s license/ID with color photocopy of passport (not valid for 21+ wristband. To purchase alcohol or enter VIP areas, a physical passport or US ID will be required.)
- Temporary DMV documents proving you are currently renewing a license—ONLY if accompanied by passport or expired license
UNACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
- School ID
- Consular ID
- Birth certificate
- Expired ID of any kind
- Photocopy of any ID (except as noted above)
- Temporary DMV license without passport or expired license
- NO Re-entry/ins & outs per day
- NO Camping
- NO Refunds or exchanges
- NO Sitting on designated dancefloor areas
- NO Moshing, crowd-surfing or stage-diving
- NO Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors
- NO Unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling, giveaways, etc.
- NO Tailgating
- Small bags, single-compartment backpacks, plush backpacks, purses (maximum 12“x12“)
- Official Insomniac water bottles—must be empty upon entry
- Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment—must be empty upon entry
- Cell phones and portable chargers/external batteries
- Fanny packs
- Sunglasses & hats
- Lighters and sealed packs of cigarettes
- E-cigs/vapes (refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon arrival — no E-liquid or E-juice of any kind will be permitted)
- Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry)
- Sealed lip balm & gloss
- Powder makeup
- Sealed tampons
- Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- Sealed packs of gum
- Hula hoops (including LED hoops)
- LED poi
- Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
- Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company-branded and no hard flagpoles)
- Festival totems or decorated pool noodles (see Totem Guidelines below)
- Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″ (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, etc.), and GoPro extendable poles
- Illegal substances
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Laser pointers and air horns
- LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- Pacifiers, dust masks or gas masks
- Eye drops (available inside festival at the general store)
- Over-the-counter medication (available inside festival at general store or from a first aid station)
- Liquid makeup
- Unsealed tampons (upon entry)
- Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- E-liquid or E-juice of any kind (a selection of premium liquids from a variety of name-brand vendors will be available inside the venue)
- Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- Markers, pens or spray paint
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Weapons of any kind (includes pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc.)
- Stickers, flyers
- Balls or Frisbees
- Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- Bota bags
- Large purses, bags or backpacks (over 12″×12″)
- Stuffed animals or dolls
- Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- Maximum height is 10 feet.
- Totems must be made from a lightweight material (e.g., foam, PVC / no solid metal).
- Collapsible/telescoping camera extenders that follow the above guidelines are OK (lightweight/hollow aluminum/polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood or aluminum poles must be no thicker than 1 inch in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entrance through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be allowed.
- Totems promoting illegal activity or hate speech will not be permitted. Please keep it PLUR.
AMENITIES & SERVICES
FOOD & BEVERAGES
Food and beverage stands are located throughout the event, with roaming vendors carrying water, snacks and other beverages. Cash and credit accepted.
Bars located throughout the festival will serve beer and liquor. Service hours may be limited. You must be 21+ to consume alcohol (valid photo ID required).
BATTERY CHARGING STATIONS
Don’t risk losing track of your friends or missing the perfect photo op! Keep your phone powered up at our battery charging station. Check your festival map for locations.
The Insomniac Shop will have multiple merch booths on-site; locations can be found on the festival map. Come by to check out the brand-new Countdown apparel collection, as well as artist collections for the event. We will have a variety of T-shirts, jackets, backpacks, sweatshirts, water bottles, and more. Don’t forget to visit us at insomniacshop.com!
WATER REFILL STATIONS
Stay hydrated! Fill up your Insomniac bottle (get your very own at our merch booth!), hydration pack or any empty beverage container (purchased inside the festival) at our free hydration stations. Look for the water droplet symbol on a festival map to find the nearest station.
Store your stuff securely and keep your cell phone powered up! Lockers allow you unlimited in-and-out access throughout both days, and each one features a universal cell phone charger. Lockers measure approximately 8″H x 12″W x 18″D. Pro tip: The lockers make a great meeting point for your group! Learn more
The Insomniac General Store is stocked with items you may have forgotten at home. From eye drops to ring pops—these are just a few of our favorite things from our shops.
ATMs will be located around the venue. Locations will be marked on the festival map, which will be available at the venue, online before the weekend, and on the Insomniac mobile app.
SAFETY & MEDICAL
To ensure a safe environment for all, security and medical staff will be present throughout the entire event. If you need any assistance, please go to the nearest medical or information tent, or seek out an event staff member. Learn more about staying healthy and happy at Countdown.
Info booths will be stationed throughout the venue. Check your festival map for specific locations.
LOST & FOUND
Lost & Found services will be available at the venue during and between show days. Check your festival map for specific locations. Following the event, items will be held at Exterior Lost & Found until Monday at 4pm. Exterior Lost & Found hours: Saturday, 9pm–3am / Sunday, 3pm–3am / Monday, 12pm–3pm.
After Monday, January 1, all phones, wallets, IDs, passports, credit cards, prescription glasses, and tech items (such as cameras or portable chargers) will be held at an off-site location.
If you would like to inquire about a lost item, please fill out one of the forms below. Once you have filled out the form our team will contact you if we have a matching item. After you fill the request form, there is no need to message us again. All requests are reviewed by our team.
In-person inquires at Insomniac HQ will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Insomniac welcomes all, and we strive to make our environment accessible to our guests with disabilities. During the festival, the venue will feature accessible parking, restrooms and other amenities, as well as designated areas for wheelchair users and their companions.
ADA parking will be provided near the festival entrance.
An accessible entrance is located near the ADA parking. Look for the Access Center, where you can check in and receive your wristband for all accessible viewing platforms.
Service animals are the only animals allowed onto the festival grounds.
Countdown provides an accessible viewing area for each stage. To gain access, please check in and pick up your wristband at the Access Center.
All public restroom areas, ATMs and concession stands are accessible to our patrons with disabilities. Please see your festival map for locations, or contact the nearest staff member for assistance.
First aid locations are offered throughout the venue. Please refer to your festival map, or contact the nearest staff member. Festival event staff have been trained in proper emergency preparedness.
This event takes place in a parking lot; the grounds are completely flat.
We want you to have the time of your life here, and that means being safe, responsible, and respectful to yourself and others. After all, you’re the ones who make this experience so special.
FASHION & FUNCTION
Come prepared for all types of weather, and definitely dress for comfort. Wear lightweight, breathable clothes that make you feel good. If you choose to wear heavy fabrics and faux furs, remember to stay hydrated. Comfortable sneakers are the best way to go, especially if you’re planning to tear up the dancefloor. Sandals and flip-flops can make for sore feet.
USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM
It’s easy to get separated at festivals. Know where your friends are, set up meeting points, and stick together—two or three brains are better than one! If you think a new or old friend needs help, ask our friendly staff to assist, and always leave the show with everyone in your crew.
FREE WATER REFILL STATIONS
Whether you’re a nonstop dancing machine or you like to stroll through the festival and take in all the sights and sounds, hydration is essential to keeping you going all weekend long. That’s why we provide hydration stations throughout the venue—free of charge! Look for the water droplet symbols on the festival map to find the nearest station, and fill up your reusable Insomniac water bottle (get your very own at our merch booth!), hydration pack, or any empty beverage container (purchased inside the event). The water may not be icy cold, but warm water is easier to digest, and it’s lovingly filtered through state-of-the-art systems, including UV sterilization.
Throughout the festival grounds, you’ll find teams of friendly medical practitioners ready to care for your every need—free of charge! If you’re lightheaded or nauseated or have too many blisters from dancing the night away, please visit one of our first aid tents. Or feel free to flag down one of the many Insomniac Health & Safety Team officers roaming throughout the venue. These heroic people stay on their feet for the entirety of every event to keep a watchful, caring eye on you!
Ground Control is a family of team members dedicated to helping Headliners stay happy, healthy, and hydrated at Insomniac events! You can spot their signature purple shirts, fanny packs, and light sabers as they make their way through all areas of the festival. Please approach any of them if you want assistance or simply need a friend! We strongly believe in the beauty and power of helping others, and we’ll do everything we can to make sure you have a safe, memorable experience. If you are a Ground Control member at heart and would like to join the team, contact us—and be sure to attach your resume!
PLAY HARD, NOT HIGH
Countdown is an amazing adventure; you can enjoy the show without alcohol or illegal narcotics. If you’re under 21, you can’t drink—period. If you’re of legal age, be smart about how much you consume. More booze does not equal more fun, and alcohol is not a beverage to cool off or rehydrate with. It’s important to remember that your body weight and height will factor into how much alcohol is safe to consume.
Insomniac enforces a zero-tolerance drug policy at all of its events—end of story. Don’t be the person that ends up getting escorted out of the venue! Keep the weekend great for yourself, your friends, and your fellow Headliners.
If you suspect that someone is suffering from a medical issue or potential drug overdose, seek immediate attention at one of the clearly marked medical stations, or find a Ground Control team member.
NOTIFY MEDICAL OR SECURITY IF A FRIEND IS EXPERIENCING:
- Pale skin color or bluish tinge
- Abnormal heart rate and/or breathing (too fast or slow)
- Abnormal body temperature (too hot or cold)
- Delusions, hallucinations or paranoia
- Pupils that don’t react to changes in light
- Confusion, stupor (unresponsive but conscious), coma, or inability to be roused
NO ONE LIKES TAKING CARE OF WASTED FRIENDS. DON’T BE THAT GUY OR GIRL!
- Drunk people should not be responsible for other drunk people.
- Binge drinking is the most dangerous kind there is. The faster you drink, the higher your BAC (blood alcohol concentration) becomes.
- Strong coffee, a cold shower, sleeping, or “walking it off” will not help someone suffering from alcohol poisoning.
- Always try to keep intoxicated people awake and in an upright/sitting position—not lying down.
Q: What time does the event start & end each day?
A: Will Call opens at 2pm; doors open at 4pm; show ends at 2am.
Q: Can I enter anytime?
A: As long as your ticket not yet been scanned that day, you may enter any time during the event. Ins & outs are not allowed.
Q: Will set times get posted in advance?
A: Yes. During the days leading up to the festival, set times will be posted via this site, our social media sites, and . Set times will also appear on the festival guide you receive upon entry. Note: The lineup is subject to change.
Q: Can I see a festival map ahead of time?
A: Yes. Maps showing stage locations, food, bathrooms, etc. will be available prior to the event on this site.
Q: What is the closest airport?
A: You have several options! Check out our airport map.
Q: Is re-entry allowed?
A: No, ins-and-outs are not allowed.
Q: What is the camera policy?
A: Professional photographers must obtain a photo pass using our press submission form. Do not email your request. Photo passes are not required for standard cameras with lenses under 15 cm long or handheld video devices under 6″. Professional video cameras are not permitted.
Q: What can I bring with me?
A: See the complete list of acceptable and prohibited items.
Q: Will there be a lost & found?
A: Yes. Learn more about Lost & Found.
Q: Can I hang posters or hand out flyers?
A: Do not hang posters or hand out flyers inside the festival or in the surrounding neighborhood. You may hand out flyers only just outside the gates at the close of the show each day. Anyone violating this policy will be banned from promoting at our events.
Q: Does the venue have cash machines?
A: Yes, ATMs will be available both inside and outside the venue grounds. Locations will be clearly marked on the festival map.
Q: Can I sleep in my car or park overnight?
A: Sorry, sleeping in cars in the festival parking lot is not permitted for anyone. DO NOT leave your car in the parking lot during non-festival hours, or it will be towed at your expense.
Q: Can I rent a locker?
A: Yes! Store your stuff securely and keep your cell phone powered up all weekend long. Find out how to get one.
Q: I’m under 18. Can I attend with a legal guardian?
A: No one under the age of 18 will be allowed into the venue, with or without a guardian.
Q: What kind of ID do I need?
A: You must present identification to enter the festival and/or buy alcohol. See the complete list of acceptable and unacceptable ID.
Q: What if my ID is lost or expired?
A: Security will accept expired ID cards ONLY if accompanied by DMV renewal documentation. If your ID was lost or stolen, you must bring a government-issued interim license or passport.
Q: Can I use a consular ID or foreign driver’s license?
A: Consular IDs are not considered acceptable identification. Foreign government-issued driver’s licenses are acceptable with a photocopy of a passport. A foreign government-issued passport will work on its own.
Before contacting us, please see if your question is answered in the FAQ above. For questions regarding your ticket, please contact Front Gate Tickets. If your company is interested in being a food vendor at Countdown 2017, please complete the vendor inquiry form by October 15.
For questions regarding Lost & Found, please see the Lost & Found section to inquire about a lost item.
Your request was received successfully